FromCGI warnings for non-required values

From: patrick_paskvan
Subject: FromCGI warnings for non-required values
Date: 16:50 on 03 Feb 2005
I have looked at the code for this, and I think I have the answer, but just wanted to be sure that I'm not missing something.  When using FromCGI, I set up the "all," "required" and "ignore" lists.  All works as described, except I was wasn't expecting to find that values that were not required, generate a warning if they exist in the input data and are blank ("<field> does not untaint with default pattern").

It's clear that CGI::Untaint would generate this message, I just didn't expect FromCGI to pass it along, in the same way it screens the "No parameter for..." error.  Not that it's difficult to screen later.  I suppose that "<field> does not untaint with default pattern" has a wider meaning.  Anyway, this behaviour is intended, correct?

Thanks,
Pat

FromCGI warnings for non-required values
patrick_paskvan 16:50 on 03 Feb 2005

Re: FromCGI warnings for non-required values
Peter Speltz 17:36 on 03 Feb 2005

Re: FromCGI warnings for non-required values
Patrick Paskvan 18:31 on 03 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:05 on 16 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52