Re: CDBI and mod_perl

From: Rod McChesney
Subject: Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Date: 18:48 on 14 Feb 2005
> > db_Main override doesn't work if you are running with AutoCommit off.
>
> You mean "on," right? If AutoCommit is already off in your connection
> attributes, then the "local $class->db_Main->{AutoCommit}" is superfluous, I
> believe. Indeed, I use do_transaction() all the time with AutoCommit off in
> my connection attributes and I have that "local" line commented out since,
> until a week ago, I was running on Perl 5.6.1 and didn't want to leak memory
> with each transaction.

Yes, "on" is correct. Friday brain malfunction :-)  I'm working in a legacy
environment where AutoCommit is on and RaiseError is off, and I want
to invert those two for my new work going in. We're on 5.8 here so
I'm assuming the leak problem is no more.

> > BTW, for mod_perl, does it not work correctly to just use DBI::connect
> > instead of Perrin's code that caches the handle in pnotes? I'm not a
> > mod_perl expert so I'm likely missing something, but it seems from the
> > docs that connect() is redefined by Apache to do the right thing.
>
> You mean Apache::DBI? Yes, I think so. That's a very good point actually. I
> think Perrin gave up on Apache::DBI entirely and has basically implemented
> his own connection caching system using pnotes and has installed his own
> clean up handler to do automatic rollbacks. Is that right, Perrin? The result
> is the same, but, if you want to continue to use Apache::DBI, then you just
> need to avoid the mod_perl dbh closure problem in Ima::DBI and have a db_Main
> that always invokes DBI->connect or DBI->connect_cached (since both methods
> utilize Apache::DBI in recent versions of DBI).

OK, that makes it clearer.  Thanks!

Rod

(message missing)

Column Names
Justin Tocci 05:19 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: Column Names
Peter Speltz 20:36 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: Column Names
Rod McChesney 20:56 on 10 Feb 2005

CDBI and mod_perl
Rod McChesney 20:58 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 21:37 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Drew Wilson 21:54 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
karjala_lists 13:59 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 22:16 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Drew Wilson 22:27 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 22:46 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 23:42 on 10 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Rod McChesney 01:55 on 12 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 19:43 on 12 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Rod McChesney 18:48 on 14 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 21:23 on 14 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Edward J. Sabol 06:53 on 14 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 21:14 on 14 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 19:59 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Tim Bunce 22:33 on 15 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 22:12 on 18 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 22:19 on 18 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 22:36 on 18 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 11:23 on 19 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 13:56 on 19 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 15:57 on 19 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 16:21 on 19 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 16:24 on 19 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 09:54 on 20 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 21:31 on 20 Feb 2005

Re: CDBI and mod_perl
Tony Bowden 22:19 on 20 Feb 2005

Generated at 12:48 on 22 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52