Public access to the Class::DBI source code repository (was Re: Cascading delete issues)

From: Edward J. Sabol
Subject: Public access to the Class::DBI source code repository (was Re: Cascading delete issues)
Date: 21:05 on 22 Feb 2005
Mark Addison asked:
>> Where can we get hold of it? Can't seem to find a ref to cvs/svn access in
>> the docs/wiki/archive...

Tony Bowden replied:
> It's an aegis archive, and it's not public.
>
> I'll put out a dev release later this week.

Tony, respectfully, I have to say that I've been frustrated a couple times
due to the lack of a public source code repository for Class::DBI. I once
spent several days working on an extensive might_have() patch that ultimately
ended up being useless because your private version of the source code had
deviated significantly from the latest public release that I was working
with. In order to prevent such problems in the future and to foster greater
collaboration, Tony, please consider making Class::DBI development more open
with a publicly accessible repository. DBI, of course, uses svn.perl.org.
That would be my preference personally, but if Aegis is a deal-breaker, then
there are alternatives. I see that recent versions of Aegis have some
integration with CVS (ae-cvs-ci) that could be used to automate parallel
commits to a public CVS repository on SourceForge, for example. That would
allow you to maintain your private Aegis repository while also having a
publicly accessible CVS repository. I believe a similar, though probably less
sophisticated automated mirroring system could be created using rsync in
conjunction with either CVS or SVN. Or, if you feel that strongly about
Aegis, then I would like to point out that SourceForge also supports hosting
Aegis projects. (Aegis itself is hosted on SourceForge.) At the very least, a
nightly tarball would still be better than the current situation.

Thanks,
Ed

(message missing)

Re: Cascading delete issues
Tony Bowden 11:13 on 20 Feb 2005

Re: Cascading delete issues
Bill Moseley 20:11 on 25 Jun 2005

Re: Cascading delete issues
Tony Bowden 07:46 on 27 Jun 2005

RE: Cascading delete issues
Addison, Mark 20:15 on 21 Feb 2005

Re: Cascading delete issues
Tony Bowden 22:23 on 21 Feb 2005

Public access to the Class::DBI source code repository (was Re: Cascading delete issues)
Edward J. Sabol 21:05 on 22 Feb 2005