IsA on a PK in both tables

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: IsA on a PK in both tables
Date: 23:01 on 01 Mar 2005
Anyone have any experience with using IsA on the  single PK  of the related
tables?  I'm having a problem or two and don't know if i'm asking too much.

My setup is two tables intrnt_srvc and dialup:

IntrntSrvc is base, Pk name is "is_id" and Dialup PK name is "is_id"
Dialup->is_a('is_id' => IntrntSrvc);

That's the set up and its exactly what i want. and i think exactly what is_a is
for.

When i do dialup->create it beautifully creates the the intrnt_srvc too.
Deleting it doesn't cascade delete and i'm having trouble getting my before
delete trigger to work.

That's pretty much it. Mainly i'm curious how other people get on with a setup
like this.

thanks

=====
pjs

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

(message missing)

IsA on a PK in both tables
Peter Speltz 23:01 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
Peter Speltz 23:39 on 01 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
Matt S Trout 02:02 on 02 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
Peter Speltz 04:33 on 02 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
William McKee 14:24 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
Peter Speltz 15:18 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
William McKee 15:52 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: IsA on a PK in both tables
Peter Speltz 16:24 on 03 Mar 2005

Generated at 00:32 on 04 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52