Re: serializing objects

From: Michael G Schwern
Subject: Re: serializing objects
Date: 20:09 on 03 Mar 2005
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 01:08:08AM -0500, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> if this sounds kinda strange, well, I guess it is.  my goal at the moment is
> to manage testing data in a very large database, and Class::DBI looks like a
> great way to do that - I can provide a standard, known object from a
> serialized state (created outside the test), then can use it as is or
> manipulate specific fields as required in my tests.  then drop the tables
> and do it all over again (and again, and again :)

When I've done that I've used the database's own serialization methods.
For example, "mysqladmin dump".  That way I know I get everything.
Its also a hell of a lot more efficient.

serializing objects
Geoffrey Young 06:08 on 02 Mar 2005

Re: serializing objects
Geoffrey Young 14:40 on 02 Mar 2005

Re: serializing objects
Michael G Schwern 20:09 on 03 Mar 2005

Generated at 00:32 on 04 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52