Re: [OT] ERD and schema generation

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: [OT] ERD and schema generation
Date: 04:25 on 08 Jun 2005

--- Bill Moseley <moseley@xxxx.xxx> wrote:

> Under Linux are there any recommended tools for schema generation and
> diagramming and examples of the process?

<snip>
> [1] http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/index.php
> [2] http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/

I use DBDesigner4. It is a great free tool. Lots of features.  The developers
got hired by MySQL to "work on something better sometime back".   It is very
nice if you can get the dependencie(mainly borland's i think) installed ok. it
did great on one machine and bad on another (terribly slow and crashes a lot)
and i suspect i intalled the wrong version of a borland package.  But i havent
troubleshot that yet.

I haven tried to port the sql to another database.

pjs

__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html