Re: Trivial Question

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Trivial Question
Date: 07:30 on 11 Jun 2005
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 08:36:34PM -0500, David Christensen wrote:
> I'm sure this is a really basic question with a quick answer, but I was
> not able to find it by scouring the docs or by googling.  If I have an
> object and I want to extract the fields and values as a hash, what is
> the sanctioned way of doing this?

There isn't one.

Class::DBI doesn't usually even have this information to give to you
simply. The lazy loading means that often we haven't fleshed out lots of
the columns yet, and the inflation and defalation means that the
question of the "value" even is is an ambiguous question.

You might want to have a look at $object->_data_hash to see if it either
gives you something close to what you want, or if you can make your own
method from that.

Tony

(message missing)

Trivial Question