Re: Relationship question.

From: Aaron Trevena
Subject: Re: Relationship question.
Date: 08:41 on 14 Jun 2005
On 6/14/05, Matt S Trout <cdbi-talk@xxxxx.xx.xx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:15:30AM -0700, Rod Za wrote:
> > I just like to know if someone can put me in the right direction to mak=
e a many2many relationship
> > using the Class::DBI.
> >
> > My question is there are a CPAN Module to do this without pain?
>=20
> http://trout.me.uk/perl/
>=20
> You can try the code on there.
>=20
> Somebody also posted some other code that does something similar.

Yes, there is a Class::DBI::HasManyOrdered module wot I wrote
(http://search.cpan.org/~teejay/Class-DBI-Relationship-HasManyOrdered-0.02/=
lib/Class/DBI/Relationship/HasManyOrdered.pm)

I was planning to do a more general HasManyWithSuperPowers based on
that but haven't had the free time.
=20
> I'm going to write a proper HasManyToMany relationship using the new
> join-on-search features of Class::DBI::Sweet (0.01 on CPAN, 0.02 currentl=
> in development, snapshots available from
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/snapshots/Catalyst/)

Cool. Matt do you want to let me know what your goals are for the
module and how you plan the API to work as it's probably worth
collaborating on an enhanced HasMany module rather than a hodgepodge
of different ones - one module is easier to test, support, etc than a
couple.

Cheers,

A.

(message missing)