Re: Class::DBI does not support numeric column names

From: Simon Wilcox
Subject: Re: Class::DBI does not support numeric column names
Date: 17:18 on 21 Jun 2005
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 bwebb9@xxxxx.xxx wrote:

> I am using MySQL 4.1.12 and Class::DBI 0.96. I have a database with
> numeric column names. Class::DBI has many problems dealing with these
> columns. It does not quote them properly when executing sql statements.
> Additionally, a column named "0" causes all sorts of problems because it
> evaluates to false in perl. Class::DBI seems to have boolean checks on
> column names.

Having numerical column names seems like such a bad idea on so many
levels. I think you need to rethink your schema, irrespective of whether
CDBI handles them.

In the latter case, I suspect that it's perl's interpretation of '0' as a
false value that is tripping you up. This is likely to happen regardless
of the abstraction layer that you use.

As the doctor said, don't do that then.

Simon.

        --
        "I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less."

Re: Class::DBI does not support numeric column names
Simon Wilcox 17:18 on 21 Jun 2005