Re: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
Date: 14:55 on 05 Jul 2005
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:39:40AM +0200, Matija Grabnar wrote:
> I have an application which really needs to store a fair-sized (several
> K) chunk of data as one of the
> fields in the database. (Underlying database is MySQL).
>
> Since the data is too large to use a varchar (which I'd normaly use),
> I'll probably have to use a TEXT field (or a BLOB, depends on stuff I
> don't yet know at this moment).
>
> I seem to recall that getting more than a certain size of data out of a
> blob required calling some special stuff in DBD. Does anybody know if
> Class-DBI handles those transparently? If not, has anybody used CDBI
> with BLOBs before? Any hints, instructions, gotchas?

I store large chunks of text in MySQL TEXT fields and images, sessions and
other binary data in MySQL BLOB fields all the time without any worries.

        --
             Matt S Trout           Website: http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk
  Technical Director        E-mail:  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk

Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
Matija Grabnar 06:39 on 05 Jul 2005

Re: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 10:08 on 05 Jul 2005

Re: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
Matt S Trout 14:55 on 05 Jul 2005