Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?

From: Matija Grabnar
Subject: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
Date: 06:39 on 05 Jul 2005
I have an application which really needs to store a fair-sized (several
K) chunk of data as one of the
 fields in the database. (Underlying database is MySQL).

Since the data is too large to use a varchar (which I'd normaly use),
I'll probably have to use a TEXT field (or a BLOB, depends on stuff I
don't yet know at this moment).

I seem to recall that getting more than a certain size of data out of a
blob required calling some special stuff in DBD. Does anybody know if
Class-DBI handles those transparently? If not, has anybody used CDBI
with BLOBs before? Any hints, instructions, gotchas?

Matija

Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
Matija Grabnar 06:39 on 05 Jul 2005

Re: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 10:08 on 05 Jul 2005

Re: Has anybody used BLOBs in a CDBI application?
Matt S Trout 14:55 on 05 Jul 2005