Re: Documentation blues

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Documentation blues
Date: 02:00 on 05 Jul 2005
On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 17:37 -0700, Lonely Rolling Star wrote:
> I'm keeping a complex structure in memory across page loads because
> it's expensive to build. I want to make sure all of the objects in
> the structure have the latest data at the beginning of each page
> load.

Hmm, you could just clear all the modified ones down to their primary
keys at the beginning of each request and then let lazy-loading bring in
the rest of the data if you need it.

> Does this seem like a reasonable implementation?

Seems okay, as long as you don't rely on lazy-loading to delay inflating
other objects or loading LOBs, and don't care about deletes.  Accessing
the internal object index is easy in the upcoming new release.

- Perrin

Documentation blues
Jacinta Richardson 12:14 on 21 Jun 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Jacinta Richardson 12:37 on 21 Jun 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Perrin Harkins 13:44 on 21 Jun 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Jacinta Richardson 14:29 on 21 Jun 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Perrin Harkins 17:02 on 21 Jun 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Lonely Rolling Star 00:37 on 04 Jul 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Perrin Harkins 02:00 on 05 Jul 2005

Re: Documentation blues
Cees Hek 17:01 on 21 Jun 2005