Re: Using outside DB handles

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Using outside DB handles
Date: 19:04 on 06 Jul 2005
On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 14:05 -0400, Brett Sanger wrote:
> The CDBI docs tell me how to insert my own handle, but wants that handle
> to be an Ima::DBI.

No, it needs to be a DBIx::ContextualFetch.  Class::DBI is an Ima::DBI.

> So I'm looking into the compatibility there.  Browsing Ima::DBI, it
> appears that it will let me snag a handle out of it via db_*(), so I can
> change the common DBH accessor to pull from an Ima::DBI if needed.  Does
> anyone consider this a bad idea?  Does anyone have experience to share
> here?

That should work, but if you want to share the same handles you should
call db_Main in your Class::DBI base class, not call Ima::DBI directly.
Also, you should check for incompatibilities between your code and
DBIx::ContextualFetch, which is what db_Main will be giving back to you.

- Perrin

Using outside DB handles
Brett Sanger 18:05 on 06 Jul 2005

Re: Using outside DB handles