[CDBI] mysql connections

From: Thomas Klausner
Subject: [CDBI] mysql connections
Date: 11:40 on 22 Sep 2005
Hi!

Sorry to bring up this issue again, but I'm not sure what the current state
of affairs is regarding this issue:

I have a rather big CDBI based application runnning on a server I have
nearly no access rights to. The sysadmins complain that the app is using to
much connections to the MySQL DB.

It's a fairly standard CDBI setup running with mod_perl and Apache::DBI.

Do I need to add a custom db_Main method as described here
  http://wiki.class-dbi.com/index.cgi?UsingWithModPerl
to get the mysql connection numbers down?

Or are there any other ways to properly share one connection to mysql in all
Apache children?

Is it in fact advisable to share one connection?

Thanks!

        --
        #!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at

[CDBI] mysql connections
Thomas Klausner 11:40 on 22 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] mysql connections
David Baird 11:45 on 22 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] mysql connections
Rolf Schaufelberger 10:14 on 25 Sep 2005

Generated at 17:55 on 28 Sep 2005 by mariachi v0.52