Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question

From: Steven Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Date: 17:44 on 27 Sep 2005
Matt S Trout wrote:
> You also may wish to google up DBIx::Class, Tangram, Rose::DB::Object and
> possibly Alzabo as well and have a look at them as alternatives (although

Well, Advanced Perl (2nd Ed) directed me to CDBI -- I've read about
DBIx::Class (while I was trying to find doc for Class::DBI!), but I'm
limiting myself to things available from the ActiveState ppms at the
moment, so not an option.

I also liked CDBI, over Tangram, because it felt more like a .Net
DataSet: a portable abstraction from whatever DB I'm using that looks
after updates and insertions for me. I'm getting the feeling that CDBI
will be making a lot more DB traffic than I'm used to, but I'll wait
until that looks like a problem before I start worrying -- I've already
noticed class::cbi::cacheable ...

> sub table { return "ANPerl::AnalysisFramework::ResourceStore::Metadata::$_[0]"; };
> my $current_dsr_row = table('DBDiscoverySetResources')->create(...);

Ooo -- you just taught me some new Perl. Thanks!

But why do I always feel queasy when people do that to me?  ;-)

> You could also have a look at Class::DBI::Factory, which is maybe overkill
> but does assorted useful other things as well.

That sounds like just the sort of thing I'd like to use, I'll read up
tonight.

[CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 16:26 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Matt S Trout 16:48 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 17:44 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Bill Moseley 16:52 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Kingsley Kerce 16:55 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 18:17 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Jay Strauss 02:02 on 28 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Todd W 02:21 on 28 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 07:32 on 28 Sep 2005

Generated at 10:29 on 10 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52