[CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question

From: Steven Mackenzie
Subject: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Date: 16:26 on 27 Sep 2005
Hello,

I'm new to Perl (and to CDBI!), I hope someone can spare a minute to
help me with a tangentially relevant question ... or point me in the
right direction to ask or read more!

I have written some test code to talk to a SQLite DB file and read data
in to it via classes derived from Class::DBI. My test script worked
fine, so I've factored out my DB access code, and packaged the classes
for each table in to perl modules (.pm files).

Is that the normal thing to do?

Because I'm starting a Big Project, I'm trying to keep my modules tidy,
and have defined a hierarchy, with all my modules below ANPerl/; for
example, one of my DB table classes is
ANPerl::AnalysisFramework::ResourceStore::Metadata::DBDiscoverySetResources

Unfortunately now in my client code I have lines like
 $current_dsr_row =
ANPerl::AnalysisFramework::ResourceStore::Metadata::DBDiscoverySetResources->create(

      {RetrievalUrl => $retrieval_url} );

That's a lot of typing! Is there any way to say that I'm using all the
modules in the path ANPerl::AnalysisFramework::ResourceStore::Metadata?

Then I could just write
  $current_dsr_row = DBDiscoverySetResources->create( {RetrievalUrl =>
$retrieval_url} );

Thanks in advance for any clues,
Steven

[CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 16:26 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Matt S Trout 16:48 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 17:44 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Bill Moseley 16:52 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Kingsley Kerce 16:55 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 18:17 on 27 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Jay Strauss 02:02 on 28 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Todd W 02:21 on 28 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI Newbie Question
Steven Mackenzie 07:32 on 28 Sep 2005

Generated at 10:29 on 10 Oct 2005 by mariachi v0.52