Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY

From: Steven Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Date: 16:12 on 10 Nov 2005
Perrin Harkins wrote:

>>Any idea what could cause multiple objects to represent the same row?
>
> All kinds of things.  You might not be using the object index feature.
> Your perl might not be compiled with weak reference support.  You might
> be using objects after a create() call, which will not put them in the
> object index.

[Steven gets grip on spinning head]

OK, that's given me some things to look at :-)

Actually, I am using the objects right after a create call. Did I miss
an important paragraph in the docs?

I'm justing doing some experimenting with multiple find_or_create calls
one after another, and getting some unexpected results ...

> Why can't you just use refaddr and have duplicates?  Or put the stuff in
> $self->{'__super_secret_special_key'}?

$self->{__sssk} won't work for me if I have all these clones floating
about, because the key will only be in one of them.

I think I've seen that problem already. That was why I set up the

Thanks for your clues!
Steven

[CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 13:15 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 14:16 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 15:57 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 16:12 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 16:17 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 16:48 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 15:57 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
William Ross 16:42 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 17:10 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
William Ross 18:17 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Matt S Trout 18:36 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 19:20 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 16:51 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Matt S Trout 19:43 on 10 Nov 2005

Generated at 23:12 on 13 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52