Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY

From: Steven Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Date: 15:57 on 10 Nov 2005
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 13:15 +0000, Steven Mackenzie wrote:
> Maybe cdid is not really a unique key of your class, so one CD's DESTROY
> cleans up another one?

cdid is generated by SQLite, and the column is declared INTEGER PRIMARY
KEY, which I think takes care of enforcing uniqueness as well as
sequence generation.

If I try to put in another row with the same PK as an autoinserted row,
my program dies with a message about "Primary key must be UNIQUE".

>  Maybe you have a scoping problem with %
> card_writer_of.  I'm pretty confident that DESTROY is not being called
> on objects that are still in scope.

What the problem feels like now is that row objects are being cloned in
some circunstances, and then the clones are being destroyed.

I get the DESTROY called 3 times for one of my rows: the row id is the
same for each, but the refaddr of the row object is different each time
through.

Any idea what could cause multiple objects to represent the same row?

[CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 13:15 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 14:16 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 15:57 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 16:12 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 16:17 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 16:48 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 15:57 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
William Ross 16:42 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 17:10 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
William Ross 18:17 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Matt S Trout 18:36 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Steven Mackenzie 19:20 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Perrin Harkins 16:51 on 10 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY
Matt S Trout 19:43 on 10 Nov 2005

Generated at 23:12 on 13 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52