Re: [CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?
Date: 19:49 on 03 Jan 2006
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:12:48PM +0000, Steven Mackenzie wrote:

> Jesse Sookne wrote:
>

> > Does Class::DBI require that its subclasses (application base classes
> > as described in the Class::DBI doc) use hash-based objects?
> >
> I've been adding attributes to Class::DBI objects using the "inside out"
> classes/hashes described in Perl Best Practices. I haven't seen any
> conflict with the hash based attributes used in the CDBI part of the
> hierarchy, though I don't actually use Class::Std, just the technique
> described in that book.

WARNING: using the refaddr value as the inside-out key is *not* threadsafe.

Hence why I don't use Contextual::Return, cute though it is.

Re: [CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?
Steven Mackenzie 19:12 on 03 Jan 2006

Re: [CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?
Matt S Trout 19:49 on 03 Jan 2006

Re: [CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?
Steven Mackenzie 20:23 on 03 Jan 2006

Re: [CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?
Steven Mackenzie 16:09 on 05 Jan 2006

Generated at 01:21 on 10 Jan 2006 by mariachi v0.52