Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch

From: Rhesa Rozendaal
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Date: 00:07 on 02 Feb 2006
Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:50:15AM +0100, Rhesa Rozendaal wrote:
>>I've even used something like this in CDBI::Sweet:
>>
>>$class->search({
>>	q{now()} => \q{ between start_date and end_date }
>>});
>

> Why not just use { -between => [ $start, $end ] } ?

Because in this case "start_date" and "end_date" are columns in the table.
I tried to get a search with several other criteria, and the fixed string
"start_date < now() and end_date > now()" or something to that effect.
The above way was the first thing I got working in Sweet.

When I need to limit a single column to be between two variables, I definitely
do use the -between syntax.

Hope that explains,

Rhesa

[CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Dylan Vanderhoof 23:37 on 01 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Rhesa Rozendaal 23:50 on 01 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Rhesa Rozendaal 00:07 on 02 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Rhesa Rozendaal 01:41 on 02 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Rhesa Rozendaal 04:54 on 02 Feb 2006

[CDBI] Re: Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Edward J. Sabol 05:16 on 02 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa 05:33 on 02 Feb 2006

RE: [CDBI] Using scalar functions with AbstractSearch
Dylan Vanderhoof 05:29 on 02 Feb 2006

Generated at 17:59 on 03 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52