Re: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a
Date: 18:40 on 10 Feb 2006
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:13:14AM -0800, jmessrie@xxx.xxx wrote:
> Yes, I am running v3.0.14.  I just double-checked.  In addition, I do not use might_have (which is the problem mentioned in the bug listed below).  So this is occuring in other part of the CDBI code.  Also, I just found out that another one of my scripts is now constantly failing with that error.  Here are the only types of deletes the script performs:
>
> 1) Object->search(key => $value)->delete_all;
> 2) my $obj = Object->retrieve($id);
>      $obj->delete if defined $obj;
>
> And these are all done within one transaction.

If your code's relatively simple you could try bringing it up on
DBIx::Class::CDBICompat as a quick fix; we seem to be fast approaching the
point where a CPAN upgrade of DBIx::Class is substantially less likely to
break anything than one of Class::DBI (based on the completely unscientific
sample called "reports I'm getting from the field", so YMMV  - we long since
switched our production stuff to Class::DBI::Frozen::301 to avoid just this
sort of silliness).

Re: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a
Matt S Trout 18:40 on 10 Feb 2006

Generated at 10:41 on 18 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52