Re: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a

Subject: Re: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a
Date: 18:13 on 10 Feb 2006
Yes, I am running v3.0.14.  I just double-checked.  In addition, I do not use might_have (which is the problem mentioned in the bug listed below).  So this is occuring in other part of the CDBI code.  Also, I just found out that another one of my scripts is now constantly failing with that error.  Here are the only types of deletes the script performs:

1) Object->search(key => $value)->delete_all;
2) my $obj = Object->retrieve($id);
     $obj->delete if defined $obj;

And these are all done within one transaction.

> From: Brad Bowman <list@xxxxxx.xxx>
> Date: 2006/02/10 Fri AM 07:38:02 PST
> To: James M <jmessrie@xxx.xxx>
> CC: classdbi@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
> Subject: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a
>  clean	install of all modules
>
> On 10/02/06 03:42, James M wrote:
> > I have been running a production application based on Class::DBI
> > continuously with no problems.  I was using Class::DBI v3.0.14.
> >
> > I recently decided to upgrade from Perl 5.8.7 to 5.8.8 and do a clean
> > install of all Perl modules.  Since then, one of my production scripts keeps
> > failing with the following runtime error:
> >
> > Operation "bool": no method found, argument in overloaded package
> > Class::DBI::Object::Has::Been::Deleted at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Class/DBI.pm line 491.
>
> Sounds like this bug:
>
> http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=15635
>
> which was resolved in v3.0.14, I think.
>
> Are you sure that the correct CDBI version is installed?
>
> Brad
>
> --
>  Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others.
>  Limitless wisdom comes of this. -- Hagakure

Re: Re: [CDBI] Odd Class::DBI error since upgrading Perl and doing a
18:13 on 10 Feb 2006

Generated at 10:41 on 18 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52