Re: [CDBI] Worknig on Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Worknig on Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA
Date: 00:51 on 24 Feb 2006
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 05:58:48PM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
> On 2/23/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class@xxxxx.xx.xx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 12:04:42PM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
> > > Hi all. I am co maintaining CDBI::Rel::IsA with Teejay.   I'm
> > > currently working on it to upload a version today.  I'm a month or two
> > > behind but expect that. I have a couple questions.
> > >
> > > 1) How to Handle  CDBI Frozen vs Not Frozen versions.  I am thinking
> > > that *EVEN* versions numbers on IsA will be compatible with the CDBI
> > > Frozen and Odd numbers with later releases.   ?  Is this a good or bad
> > > idea? Any better ideas?
> >
> > if ($INC{'Class/DBI/Frozen/301.pm'}) {
> >   require "Class::DBI::Relationship::Isa::Frozen";
> > } else {
> >   require "Class::DBI::Relationship::Isa::Latest";
> > }
> >
> > and have those files stuff the Class::DBI::Relationship::Isa package
> > appropriately?
> >
> > Not dissimilar to the way the RT_Overlay stuff works, or indeed Frozen itself.
> Thanks. Not bad idea. Our plan (not one above but Aarons) works until
> a new stable cdbi release comes out. Then people will have to do a
> little more work to use the previous stable version. I think this is
> ok though since stable CDBI's do not come out very often and you can
> require particular versions.
>
> So i think we will go with aarons plan about keeping up with
> developement CDBI in developement versions of IsA.  Sound OK?

Sounds fairly reasonable, though it may confuse people a little that they
end up with development versions of CDBI via CPAN but not of IsA due to
Tony's unusual release numbering conventions.

Maybe document it in big letters on the stable CPAN version of IsA?

[CDBI] Worknig on Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA
Peter Speltz 18:04 on 22 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Worknig on Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA
Rhesa Rozendaal 23:13 on 23 Feb 2006

Re: [CDBI] Worknig on Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA
Matt S Trout 00:51 on 24 Feb 2006

Generated at 12:31 on 28 Feb 2006 by mariachi v0.52