Re: create_from_cgi question

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: create_from_cgi question
Date: 15:23 on 02 Jun 2004
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 11:14:02AM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> But that's an explanation of the programming side of things, not
> the functionality. I would still think that an end-user, having
> filled out a page-long form and typoed one field, would not like
> to get a message saying "email does not untaint with specified
> pattern," and then have to re-fill the entire form, with an
> explanation about the nature of the underlying object. So what
> can we do as programmers to make this work for FromCGI in a
> way that the end-user will expect?

That depends on how you're using FromCGI. It's going to vary dramatically
depending on your framework. If you're prepared to re-display data
that doesn't validate, then you can get that from whatever data you
instantiated FromCGI with in the first place.

Tony

(message missing)

create_from_cgi question
Jesse Sheidlower 14:54 on 01 Jun 2004