create_from_cgi question

From: Jesse Sheidlower
Subject: create_from_cgi question
Date: 14:54 on 01 Jun 2004
A few weeks ago I had a problem with CDBI::FromCGI's
create_from_cgi method, which turned out to be the fault of
something using it further down the line; create_from_cgi did
work as documented.

Since then I've been wondering, though, why it is that on a
create, "If this fails, $obj will be a defined object,
containting [sic] the errors, as with an update, but will not
contain the values submitted". I'd think that it would be
pretty critical for it to contain the values submitted, so
that in a typical application you could re-fill the form based
on what was submitted and give the errors so the user knows
what to change.

Is there a reason that it does not function this way? I'm
trying to work out a way around it, and it sort of eliminates
the value of using it in the first place.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower

(message missing)

create_from_cgi question