Re: My patches, complete

From: Yuval Kogman
Subject: Re: My patches, complete
Date: 17:52 on 08 Aug 2004
--YD3LsXFS42OYHhNZ

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 18:37:20 +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:

> OK, then the best bet for now is for you to release it to CPAN.

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, it's just a silly little
module, which was made available earlier anyway.

The reason I'm opposed is because there's two CDBI loaders, there's
Class::DBI::Join, and so on and so forth, and releasing it will mean
that it might be documented, so people might come looking for it
later, or god know what else. It's chaffe.

That's assuming sometime in the long term future it will make CDBI
core. I base this assumption on your remarks the last time I brought
it up, about namespace, meta info, and so forth.

If there is a chance that it will make core, I would much rather
ease the QA process. Some sort of live (instant message kind of
live) session to go over it, with someone who has authority over the
code base, cleaning up my coding style, adding more comments, or
simply restructuring some stuff will be (IMHO) much more productive
than cluttering the CPAN.

Again, it's not a complex module. It's just syntatic sugar, that
might provide a nice interface, and probably a consistent one
(perhaps this is the one reason that it should be core at all), to
real or fake many to many relationship, regardless of future
implementation details.

--=20
 ()  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@xxxxxxxx.xxx> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me does not drink tibetian laxative tea: neeyah!

--YD3LsXFS42OYHhNZ

--YD3LsXFS42OYHhNZ--

(message missing)

My patches, complete