Re: Weird Problems when using a Class::DBI subclass together with Apache::AuthCookie

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Weird Problems when using a Class::DBI subclass together with Apache::AuthCookie
Date: 18:39 on 23 Aug 2004
On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 09:09:02PM +0200, Sebastian Willert wrote:
> Does this behavior ring some bells? Does anyone know whats happening
> here and if there are any better solutions than mine?

Hi Sebastian,

I hope you've solved this already but thought I'd throw in what little
I know since noone appears to have responded.

First, I notice that in sub authen_cred and sub authen_ses_key that you
call Slimnet::User->retrieve_with_creds(). Shouldn't that be
My::User->...?

Also, have you tested using My::User outside of the mod_perl framework
just to be sure it's working as expected? I've written many test cases
against my CDBI subclass just to make sure it's doing what I expect.
This has helped me learn the ins and outs of CDBI and double-checks any
changes that I make to the subclass.

HTH,
William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Re: Weird Problems when using a Class::DBI subclass together with Apache::AuthCookie
William McKee 18:39 on 23 Aug 2004