Re: Weird Problems when using a Class::DBI subclass together with Apache::AuthCookie

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Weird Problems when using a Class::DBI subclass together with Apache::AuthCookie
Date: 20:51 on 23 Aug 2004
On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 10:36:03PM +0200, Sebastian Willert wrote:
> Yes, I've tested it in and out of mod_perl, and I got the feeling that
> the problem is strongly connected to pre-loading Class::DBI modules with
> mod_perl. I hoped, anybody could confirm this assumption and point me to
> a way to avoid this, or spot any errors I've made.

There has been some discussion around this issue. I'm a bit vague on the
details but from what I've seen cross the list, it's not a good idea to
load your CDBI during startup. I just don't know whether directives in a
virtualhost section are loaded just once at server start or for each
child process. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in this arena can
chime in here with some good advice. This info should be on the Wiki.

Good luck,
William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Re: Weird Problems when using a Class::DBI subclass together with Apache::AuthCookie
William McKee 20:51 on 23 Aug 2004