More object index weirdness

From: William McKee
Subject: More object index weirdness
Date: 13:46 on 16 Sep 2004
Hi folks,

Either due to my poor programming style or ignorance, I am continuing to
be plagued by objects lingering in the object index and reviving
themselves in most unfortunate places. Don't get me wrong, I think that
the index is a good idea; I just need to learn how to work with it.

Part of my problem stems from having a table that has many relations (5
has_many, 3 has_a and a might_have). The other is that I'm running in a
mod_perl environment.

The situation I'm facing is that if I delete a record in the might_have
relationship, it's somehow not disappearing from the object index. So
the next time I go to load the record, I get this old relationship
showing up when none should be there. The only solution I've found is to
remove the object from the index before deleting it.

I thought that a recent discussion mentioned that the index is not a
cache and that a db lookup is performed before it is queried. Is that
index possibly not being updated if the record is not found and
therefore the old record is kept around?

Thanks,
William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.