Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question

From: Clayton L. Scott
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Date: 17:08 on 12 Oct 2004
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Peter Speltz wrote:

> What Class::DBI->column(XXX) options does class dbi loader set?
> IE: primary key, Essential, All, etc.  Is there any good specific documentation
> on it anywhere?
>
> Would it be kind of nice it it dumped "Class::DBI" code (ie the table and
> column declarations to a file for each table?  I think that may be handy for me
> but am not sure yet. Anyone written code to make it do that?

SQL::Translator

 SQL::Translator is a group of Perl modules that manipulate structure data
definitions (mostly database schemas) in interesting ways, such as
converting among different dialects of CREATE syntax (e.g.,
MySQL-to-Oracle), visualizations of schemas (pseudo-ER diagrams GraphViz
or GD), automatic code generation (using Class::DBI), converting non-RDBMS
files to SQL schemas (xSV text files, Excel spreadsheets), serializing
parsed schemas (via Storable, YAML and XML), creating documentation (HTML
and POD), and more. New to version 0.03 is the ability to talk directly to
a database through DBI to query for the structures of several databases.

Through the separation of the code into parsers and producers with an
object model in between, it's possible to combine any parser with any
producer, to plug in custom parsers or producers, or to manipulate the
parsed data via the built-in object model. Presently only the definition
parts of SQL are handled (CREATE, ALTER), not the manipulation of data
(INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).

http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/

Clayton Scott

(message missing)

domain cross talk...?
Michael Jensen 06:47 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
William McKee 14:41 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Perrin Harkins 14:47 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
William McKee 14:51 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Perrin Harkins 15:06 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
William McKee 15:32 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Perrin Harkins 15:36 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Michael Jensen 16:03 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Michael Jensen 16:16 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Perrin Harkins 16:27 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Carl Johnstone 23:17 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
William McKee 15:53 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:17 on 06 Oct 2004

Re: domain cross talk...?
Perrin Harkins 16:31 on 06 Oct 2004

[CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Peter Speltz 00:31 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Kingsley Kerce 02:57 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Perrin Harkins 04:12 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Kingsley Kerce 18:43 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Clayton L. Scott 17:08 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Peter Speltz 17:32 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Perrin Harkins 18:58 on 12 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Kingsley Kerce 14:26 on 14 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Perrin Harkins 15:17 on 14 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Tony Bowden 15:39 on 14 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Kingsley Kerce 14:26 on 14 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
Tim Bunce 16:22 on 14 Oct 2004

Re: [CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader question
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 17:24 on 14 Oct 2004