Re: abstract class with Class::DBI

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: abstract class with Class::DBI
Date: 16:14 on 22 Oct 2004
On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 11:09, Edward Betts wrote:
> Does all of this look right, or should I be doing it another way?

Looks fine, but using the might_have or Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA
solutions might simplify things a bit.  I've built my own inheritance
stuff with Class::DBI a couple of times, and it was all pretty simple
and obvious except for polymorphism, i.e. if you have a list of IDs for
Activity objects but you don't know what subclasses they are, loading
them is a problem.  I made my superclass override retrieve() so that it
would query to find out the correct subclass and then load that class
and return it, but that's not a complete solution.

- Perrin

(message missing)

abstract class with Class::DBI
Edward Betts 15:09 on 20 Oct 2004