Re: Oracle cursors and purge

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Oracle cursors and purge
Date: 22:42 on 09 Nov 2004
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 10:55, Jim Brandt wrote:
> So another piece to the puzzle is that when running CDBI 0.96 without
> Ima::DBI version 0.31, the problem goes away.

I don't think you can run Class::DBI without any use of Ima::DBI, can
you?

>      # Keep track of current handle to avoid opening a new
>      # one for each connect.
>      if ( defined $pid ){
>        return $dbh if $pid == $$;
>      }

That's not so great.  You would be much better off using
DBI->connect_cached() instead.

>      $dbh = DBI->connect(connect_string,
> 			username,
> 			password,
> 			{PrintError => 1,
>             RaiseError => 1,
>             AutoCommit => 1,
>             ShowErrorStatement  => 1,
> 			 RootClass => 'Ima::DBI',
> 			})

In Class::DBI 0.96 these parameter defaults are different.  This is what
I use:

    RaiseError         => 1,
    AutoCommit         => 1,
    FetchHashKeyName   => 'NAME_lc',
    ShowErrorStatement => 1,
    ChopBlanks         => 1,
    RootClass          => 'DBIx::ContextualFetch'

> I'm leaning toward 'finish' not being called somewhere or some sort of
> scoping issue where CDBI objects are staying in scope too long. Is this
> possible, or just crazy talk?

Very possible, although you shouldn't need to call finish().

- Perrin

Oracle cursors and purge
Jim Brandt 14:45 on 03 Nov 2004

Re: Oracle cursors and purge