Re: Data validation

From: Drew Taylor
Subject: Re: Data validation
Date: 22:14 on 09 Nov 2004
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:08:34 -0500, Perrin Harkins <perrin@xxxx.xxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 15:39, Drew Taylor wrote:
> > What about 0.96 requires 5.6+ functionality. If it's relatively easy
> > to do and I can downgrade features gracefully, I'll provide a patch so
> > later versions can work with our ancient perl version.
>
> I don't think it does require 5.6.  The object index stuff will not work
> without 5.6, but it degrades gracefully.

I did a bit more research with 0.95 after posting. It looks like the
only thing requiring 5.6+ is that DBIx::ContextualFetch has "use
warnings", and a couple of the tests have "no warnings 'foo'" in them.
t/98 dies but all other tests pass with flying colors. And IIRC t/98
for 0.95 always caused me problems. :-)

I'll look further into 0.96 and see what might be the requirement for
5.6+. It would be WAY cool if I could upgrade to the latest version. I
can happily live without the object cache if I can get the other
features.

Drew
 Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
 Email: drew@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx  *  Site implementation & hosting
 Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres

Data validation
Drew Taylor 20:39 on 09 Nov 2004