Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor

From: William Ross
Subject: Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor
Date: 19:59 on 17 Dec 2004
On 17 Dec 2004, at 18:27, Michael A Nachbaur wrote:

> I can't speak for Gabor, but I am having the same problems as he, and
> I get the following from the CPAN shell while trying to install
> C::D::P::Pager
>
> Too early to specify a build action 'Build'.  Do 'Build Build' instead.
> make: *** [Build] Error 2
>   /usr/bin/make -j3 -- NOT OK
> Running make test
>   Can't test without successful make
> Running make install
>   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
>
> Evidently CPAN doesn't like the Build.PL script.  Anyone know why this
> module uses this, rather than the more ubiquitous Makefile.PL?

Its author has used Module::Build instead instead of
ExtUtils::MakeMaker, though perhaps not perfectly. You can find more
about that particular crusade here:

http://search.cpan.org/~kwilliams/Module-Build-0.2606/lib/Module/
Build.pm#MOTIVATIONS

but meanwhile the incantation you're after is this:

   perl Build.PL
    ./Build
    ./Build test
    ./Build install

and it should be possible to get CPAN.pm to sort out the dependencies
for you even if it won't install the thing itself. (type 'look
Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager' at the cpan prompt one the noise has died
down and you're in the right place to install it by hand).

best

will

Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor
Gabor Szabo 16:23 on 17 Dec 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor
Stephen Keenan 17:38 on 17 Dec 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor
Michael A Nachbaur 18:27 on 17 Dec 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor
William Ross 19:59 on 17 Dec 2004