Re: how to find out column types?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: how to find out column types?
Date: 16:05 on 23 Dec 2004
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, sf@xxxxxx.xxx wrote:

Stephen Quinney wrote:
>>>If we need to change anything around to make it easier to plug this in,
>>>then I'm happy for that, but if there's a module on CPAN to do all the
>>>work already I'd rather just have an optional thin interface to that.
>>>
>>> something as simple as just having to do a
>>>
>>>  use Class::DBI::Plugin::TableInfo;
>>>
>>>perhaps with some options if needed, would be ideal...
>> Is this not sort of what Class::DBI::Plugin::Type does? I've never
>> used it myself so I am not sure but I am aware Simon wrote this
>> module, they synopsis is: "Determine type information for columns". I
>> guess if it is someone could take over that module and extend it as
>> needed.
>
> It seems to me very similar. I'm planning on releasing an updated
> version next week. Patches, or feedback about what's wrong with
> CDBI::Plugin::Type are welcome.

Nothing is wrong with it, only with me for not realizing it's out
there.  This will save me a lot of work.  Thanks everyone!!

As a requested feature, can you add the fields that the DBI
column_info tells you, specifically NULLABLE would be nice.  The
current Class::DBI::Plugin::Type perldoc implies we just get a single
piece of information (just the type) about the column.

Thanks!
Ted

(message missing)

how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 18:54 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 18:58 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 19:28 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Peter Speltz 08:05 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 08:58 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 15:34 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 17:04 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 17:11 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 01:08 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Stephen Quinney 07:51 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Simon Flack 13:17 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 16:05 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Peter Speltz 07:55 on 24 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 19:38 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Simon Flack 21:29 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 03:55 on 29 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Stephen Quinney 12:02 on 29 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52