Re: how to find out column types?

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: how to find out column types?
Date: 07:55 on 24 Dec 2004
> > It seems to me very similar. I'm planning on releasing an updated
> > version next week. Patches, or feedback about what's wrong with
> > CDBI::Plugin::Type are welcome.

I'm using mysql 4.1.5gamma. Heres some things i've found lacking.

--I mentioned this on another post.  'char' is returned for enum columns.
--If i recall it doesn't return the '(size)' part of type. ie it returns
'varchar' for a varchar(50) column and 'char' for a char(8), ....
--It doesn't return types of columns inherited by is_a relationships.  This
makes AsForm make text inputs no matter what type the column is.
-- It does nothing but get the basic sql column type.

That's it for type. As for general column info stuff --

I'd like a default value method I could use to fill in input boxes
automatically on create forms. This means NOT returning things like
'0000-00-00' for date columns and "Current TIMESTAMP" fro timestamp columns.

=====
pjs

http://my.yahoo.com

(message missing)

how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 18:54 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 18:58 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 19:28 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Peter Speltz 08:05 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 08:58 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 15:34 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 17:04 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 17:11 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 01:08 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Stephen Quinney 07:51 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Simon Flack 13:17 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 16:05 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Peter Speltz 07:55 on 24 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 19:38 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Simon Flack 21:29 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 03:55 on 29 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Stephen Quinney 12:02 on 29 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52