Re: how to find out column types?

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: how to find out column types?
Date: 01:08 on 23 Dec 2004
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 12:11:39PM -0500, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> Also, I remember Tony doesn't like too many CPAN dependencies.

Other way around. I have no problem with them. Other people complain :)

> So can I use DBIx::Admin::TableInfo or should I reinvent the wheel? :)
> DBIx::Admin::TableInfo wraps all the complexity in a simple object,
> and all you pass to it is a db handle.

However, if it's going to be that simple I'd be more keen to have it as
a plugin of some sort, so that people who don't need this don't have to
install the module.

If we need to change anything around to make it easier to plug this in,
then I'm happy for that, but if there's a module on CPAN to do all the
work already I'd rather just have an optional thin interface to that.

something as simple as just having to do a

  use Class::DBI::Plugin::TableInfo;

perhaps with some options if needed, would be ideal...

Tony

(message missing)

how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 18:54 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 18:58 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 19:28 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Peter Speltz 08:05 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 08:58 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 15:34 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 17:04 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 17:11 on 22 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 01:08 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Stephen Quinney 07:51 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Simon Flack 13:17 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 16:05 on 23 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Peter Speltz 07:55 on 24 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Ted Zlatanov 19:38 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Simon Flack 21:29 on 28 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Tony Bowden 03:55 on 29 Dec 2004

Re: how to find out column types?
Stephen Quinney 12:02 on 29 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52