Re: create and insert

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: create and insert
Date: 18:06 on 20 Jan 2005
--- Peter Speltz <peterspeltz@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> > Hartmaier Alexander wrote:

> > > -          How can I insert an object created by a
> > > Class::DBI->search_[METHOD_NAME]?
> > >

> If you get an object via search then it is already in the database. The
> question doesn't make sense.  The only thing i can imagine is you are making
> rows in one table from a query that gets data from one or more different
> tables.  If this is the case you don't use "search_" cause that returns
> object
> and you use the "sql_*" prefix as that gets stament handle so you can get raw
> data. Then just pass the data to a create.

OH yeah. If you are copying one row from a table to another table then you can
use copy functionality in CDBI and you can use "search_". check out the docs on
copying and moving rows.

=====
pjs

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

(message missing)

create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 16:00 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Dana Hudes 16:06 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 16:24 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 17:45 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 18:46 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 19:33 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 19:51 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 17:39 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 17:53 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 18:06 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 09:40 on 21 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 15:41 on 21 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 19:35 on 21 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 05:50 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 17:19 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 17:43 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 19:09 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 22:22 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 00:18 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 14:07 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
William McKee 16:15 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 16:28 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 16:38 on 24 Jan 2005

Generated at 17:42 on 27 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52