Re: create and insert

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: create and insert
Date: 16:28 on 24 Jan 2005
--- Hartmaier Alexander <Alexander.Hartmaier@xxxxxxxxx.xx> wrote:

> Now I'll look in the process of creating NAC::Interface objects out of
> NAC::ScanInterface objects. As Perrin already wrote the NAC::ScanInterface
> objects don't have the same primary key as the NAC::Interface objects so I
> won't be able to use ->copy.

You can use copy. The primary key is removed anyway before it is copied. You
set the primary key if you want via parameter(s) or class dbi figures it out.
For multi col keys you have to set them.  Here's excerpt from docs:

Copy
This creates a copy of the given $obj, removes the primary key, sets any
supplied column values and calls create() to insert a new record in the
database.

For tables with a single column primary key, copy() can be called with no
parameters and the new object will be assigned a key automatically. Or a single
parameter can be supplied and will be used as the new key.

For tables with a multi-olumn primary key, copy() must be called with
parameters which supply new values for all primary key columns, unless a
before_create trigger will supply them. The create() method will fail if any
primary key columns are not defined.

=====
pjs

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

(message missing)

create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 16:00 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Dana Hudes 16:06 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 16:24 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 17:45 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 18:46 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 19:33 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 19:51 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 17:39 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 17:53 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 18:06 on 20 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 09:40 on 21 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Jay Strauss 15:41 on 21 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 19:35 on 21 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 05:50 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 17:19 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 17:43 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 19:09 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 22:22 on 22 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Perrin Harkins 00:18 on 23 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 14:07 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
William McKee 16:15 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Peter Speltz 16:28 on 24 Jan 2005

Re: create and insert
Hartmaier Alexander 16:38 on 24 Jan 2005

Generated at 17:42 on 27 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52