RE: columns ?

From: Addison, Mark
Subject: RE: columns ?
Date: 11:54 on 08 Feb 2005

------_=_NextPart_001_01C50DD5.81247909

From: raptor  Sent: Sat 05/02/2005 21:27

>I can use columns to create my own grouping and then use them ,,,
>
>Blah->columns( display =3D> qw/x a z  c v/);
>
>and later :
>
>@my_display_columns =3D Blah->columns('display');
>
>and this doesnt affect the cdbi behaviour in any other way...

accessing any of the columns in you display group will cause all of
them to be fetched from the database. See Lazy Population in docs.
http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI/lib/Class/DBI.pm#LAZY_POPULATION

mark
--

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) t=
o whom addressed.=20

Independent Television News Limited,=20

Registered No. 548648 England,

VAT Reg. No: GB 756 2995 81,=20

200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8XZ,

Telephone: 020 7833 3000.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C50DD5.81247909

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.6980.19">
<TITLE>RE: columns ?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: raptor&nbsp; Sent: Sat 05/02/2005 21:27<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;I can use columns to create my own grouping and then use them ,,,<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;Blah-&gt;columns( display =3D&gt; qw/x a z&nbsp; c v/);<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;and later :<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;@my_display_columns =3D Blah-&gt;columns('display');<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;and this doesnt affect the cdbi behaviour in any other way...<BR>
<BR>
accessing any of the columns in you display group will cause all of<BR>
them to be fetched from the database. See Lazy Population in docs.<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI/lib/Class/DBI.pm#LAZY_POP=
ULATION">http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI/lib/Class/DBI.pm#LAZY_POPUL=
ATION</A><BR>
<BR>
mark<BR>
--<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

<pre>This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual=
(s) to whom addressed.=20
It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.=20
Any statement or opinions therein are not necessarily those of ITN unless s=
pecifically stated.=20
Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is prohibited.=20
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and dele=
te it from your system.=20
Security and reliability of the e-mail and attachments are not guaranteed.=20
You must take full responsibility for virus checking.

Independent Television News Limited,=20

Registered No. 548648 England,

VAT Reg. No: GB 756 2995 81,=20

200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8XZ,

Telephone: 020 7833 3000.

</pre></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C50DD5.81247909--

columns ?
raptor 21:27 on 05 Feb 2005

RE: columns ?
Addison, Mark 11:54 on 08 Feb 2005

Generated at 17:31 on 15 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52