Inflating and deflating

From: Simon Wilcox
Subject: Inflating and deflating
Date: 19:19 on 05 Feb 2005
Hi all,

I have an email field that inflates to a Mail::Address object and deflates
to a plain string. The reason for this rather than using a plain string is
that CGI::Untaint::email returns a Mail::Address object.

My problem is that I want to be able to call $object->email( $email ) with
a plain text scalar and have it do the right thing.

I've tried adding the necessary code to the deflate method but that
doesn't seem to get called. I feel that I should probably make this a
trigger but rather than blindly trying out different ones until I get a
result that looks right, I'd like to understand the best practice. So
which trigger should I add to make sure that I always convert a plain
text string into the appropriate object ?

Many thanks,

Simon Wilcox.

Inflating and deflating
Simon Wilcox 19:19 on 05 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
22:39 on 05 Feb 2005

Re: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 23:42 on 05 Feb 2005

Solved // RE: Inflating and deflating
Simon Wilcox 23:17 on 06 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 11:07 on 08 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 16:21 on 08 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 17:52 on 10 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 18:03 on 10 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 12:40 on 14 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 20:19 on 14 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 17:21 on 15 Feb 2005

Generated at 17:31 on 15 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52