RE: Inflating and deflating

From: Addison, Mark
Subject: RE: Inflating and deflating
Date: 17:52 on 10 Feb 2005
From: Perrin Harkins Sent: 08 February 2005 16:21
>=20
> On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 11:07 +0000, Addison, Mark wrote:
> > I've done this kind of thing the same way, although not using
> > accessor_name(). As cdbi is Class::Accessor based you get an alias
> > method you can call, _colname_accessor, that calls the=20
> > origional cdbi version (much like SUPER in overides) e.g.
>=20
> I used accessor_name() to make sure that the CDBI-provided accessor
> would not have the same name as the one I was writing.  You'll have
> problems if you try to define one with the same name as the one CDBI
> creates.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I thought that was the whole point
of the alias that Class::Accessor (therefore CDBI) creates!
ie you can define a method with the _same_ name as the CDBI created
accessor and then use the alias method to call the origional CDBI
generated one. Is there a gotcha with this I'm missing?

mark
--

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) t=
o whom addressed.=20

Independent Television News Limited,=20

Registered No. 548648 England,

VAT Reg. No: GB 756 2995 81,=20

200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8XZ,

Telephone: 020 7833 3000.

Inflating and deflating
Simon Wilcox 19:19 on 05 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
22:39 on 05 Feb 2005

Re: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 23:42 on 05 Feb 2005

Solved // RE: Inflating and deflating
Simon Wilcox 23:17 on 06 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 11:07 on 08 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 16:21 on 08 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 17:52 on 10 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 18:03 on 10 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 12:40 on 14 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Perrin Harkins 20:19 on 14 Feb 2005

RE: Inflating and deflating
Addison, Mark 17:21 on 15 Feb 2005

Generated at 17:31 on 15 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52