Re: Hibernate and ActiveRecord (Ruby-on-Rails) comparison

From: Sam Tregar
Subject: Re: Hibernate and ActiveRecord (Ruby-on-Rails) comparison
Date: 23:24 on 04 Apr 2005
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, William Ross wrote:

> On 4 Apr 2005, at 23:24, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
> > I thought this article was pretty good, and might help others understand
> > some key differences between what Class::DBI and what Hibernate does.
> > Ruby's ActiveRecord, which is what Ruby on Rails uses, is very similar
> > to Class::DBI (almost identical I would say).
> >
> > http://theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RailsHibernate
>
> have you tried Ruby on Rails? I'd be very interested in impressions from
> someone familiar with perl and cdbi.

I heard Perrin Harkins said RoR was "vastly overhyped," so I guess he
must have given it a look!

  http://www.mail-archive.com/cgiapp@xxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/msg03194.html

-sam

Re: Hibernate and ActiveRecord (Ruby-on-Rails) comparison
Sam Tregar 23:24 on 04 Apr 2005

Generated at 09:29 on 27 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52