Re: Hibernate and ActiveRecord (Ruby-on-Rails) comparison

From: Sebastian Riedel
Subject: Re: Hibernate and ActiveRecord (Ruby-on-Rails) comparison
Date: 15:26 on 05 Apr 2005
Am 05.04.2005 um 16:28 schrieb Matt S Trout:

> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:24:01AM +0200, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
>> P.S.: Maybe you want to look at Catalyst for a Perl alternative...the
>> upcoming version 5 is a killer. ;)
>
> Looks good last time I looked at it but I've not got the time to sit
> down
> and figure out how to port my current Maypole code - is there a
> migration
> guide somewhere that I've missed?

No, there is not yet a migration guide cause the main concepts are very
different.
CRUD actions are in Cat just a plugin, and we tend to use multiple
controllers.

The easiest way to get started is by running "catalyst.pl MyApp" to
create a basic application, and then playing with it while reading
Catalyst::Manual::Intro.
There was also an approach to build a Maypole clone on Cat (Hops),
which was just around 20 lines of code, see the Cat list for that. :)

--
sebastian

Re: Hibernate and ActiveRecord (Ruby-on-Rails) comparison
Sebastian Riedel 15:26 on 05 Apr 2005

Generated at 09:29 on 27 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52