Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row

From: merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject: Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
Date: 20:34 on 15 Apr 2005
>>>>> "William" == William Ross <will@xxxxxxx.xxx> writes:

William> Wouldn't this be better in Class::DBI::Column, rather than as a
William> plugin? It's a difficult one to subclass, though: this would require
William> Bothering Tony, which I understand is a bad thing at the moment.

Well, I also have row-wide things as well:

        if ($row->Config->{is_mapped}) { ... }

William> and Config::Scoped seems very heavy-duty for such simple configuration
William> parameters. Do you have something more complex in mind for the future?

See email from moments ago... I have hierarchical things, so I need the
nesting.

William> (I normally use AppConfig just because TT is already using it, but I'm
William> always interested in better alternatives)

I didn't consider AppConfig... maybe I'll look at it, but I think it's
probably not gonna fit as well.

<merlyn@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:38 on 15 Apr 2005

Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 17:15 on 15 Apr 2005

Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
Kingsley Kerce 17:21 on 15 Apr 2005

Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 20:32 on 15 Apr 2005

Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
William Ross 19:03 on 15 Apr 2005

Re: Associate Config::Scoped info with a CDBI row
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 20:34 on 15 Apr 2005

Generated at 12:49 on 16 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52