Re: rollback ineffective with AutoCommit enabled in do_transaction?

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: rollback ineffective with AutoCommit enabled in do_transaction?
Date: 17:07 on 23 May 2005
On Sunday 22 May 2005 1:41 pm, Lonely Rolling Star wrote:
> I think there's an easier way to tell whether I should issue a
> rollback: just check whether AutoCommit got reset. It never hurts to
> do the rollback, so the only reason to even check that is to avoid
> the warning.
>
> Is there a reason why using an error handler is better than the code below?

Checking the type of error seems cleaner, but it has more hidden assumptions
about DBI behavior in it, so your way is probably better in the end.

- Perrin

(message missing)

Re: rollback ineffective with AutoCommit enabled in do_transaction?
Perrin Harkins 17:07 on 23 May 2005

Generated at 15:51 on 25 May 2005 by mariachi v0.52