Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas

From: Scott Cain
Subject: Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Date: 02:15 on 13 Jul 2005
Ah, that's the thing--that's not my query, Class::DBI::Pg is issuing
that.  I've been told that a patch has been sent to the cdbi::Pg
author--here's hoping it goes in :-)

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 17:34 -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Actually that is the problem, your subselect is returning more than 1
> row but you are using an "="
>
>  > indrelid=(
>  > SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_class
>  > WHERE relname = ?)
>
> make it look like:
>
> indrelid in (
> SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_class
> WHERE relname = ?)
>
> Scott Cain wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am wondering if there is support for postgres schemas in cdbi?
> > Specifically, I have a case where there are two schemas, one called
> > public and one called godb.  In both of these schemas, there is a table
> > called 'db', and I cannot change the name of either table.  When I try
> > to use cdbi to access the db table in the public schema, I get this
> > error message:
> >
> > DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  more than one row returned by a
> > subquery used as an expression
> >  [for Statement "SELECT indkey FROM pg_catalog.pg_index
> > WHERE indisprimary=true AND indrelid=(
> > SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_class
> > WHERE relname = ?)
> > " with ParamValues: 1='db']
> > at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm line 51.
> > Compilation failed in require at lib/Chado/LoadDBI.pm line 5.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/Chado/LoadDBI.pm line 5.
> > Compilation failed in require at ./load/bin/gmod_load_ontology.pl line
> > 7.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./load/bin/gmod_load_ontology.pl
> > line 7.
> >
> > So it looks like DBIx::ContextualFetch is unhappy about there being two
> > tables named 'db'.  Is there a way around this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain@xxxx.xxx
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Scott Cain 19:15 on 12 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Tony Bowden 21:55 on 12 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Matt S Trout 22:15 on 12 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Jay Strauss 22:32 on 12 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Jay Strauss 22:34 on 12 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Scott Cain 02:15 on 13 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Jay Strauss 22:35 on 12 Jul 2005

Re: Support for PostgreSQL schemas
Hartmaier Alexander 08:19 on 13 Jul 2005