Re: [CDBI] CDBI table Definitions

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: [CDBI] CDBI table Definitions
Date: 16:12 on 16 Sep 2005
I think your short answer is yes.  One table can have many different
CDBI classes associated with it.  Your setup looks fine to me. There
is a Class::DBI::View module out there that may do what you want and
be less work for you.

hth

On 9/15/05, Randy Burke <uncle.ranny@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> I am still trying to rap myh brain around all this,=20
> =20
>  One question I am wondering:
> =20
>  It is common to set up our connection in one module and the table def in
> another. what I am wondering.... is it possible to define to table in one
> file and the the relations in another
> =20
>  IE
> =20
>  APP::DBI has the connection info
>  APP::Tab1 describes table 1
>  APP::Tab2 describes table 2
>  APP::Tab1::Rel1 has as the has_a and has_many llines for one view
>  APP::Tab1::Rel2 diffent view of the the relation ship.
> =20
>  the Rel modules would have us "use base APP::Tab1" at the top.=20
> =20
>  I have a user database and users can be assign tickets and email. when I=
 am
> working on mail tree I dont want to extra baggage of the ticket tree to b=
> mucking thing up,=20
> =20
>  It is also possible that I am not understand how things are load and
> assessed use CDBI.=20
> =20
>  Randy B.
> =20
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
pjs

[CDBI] CDBI table Definitions
Randy Burke 21:10 on 15 Sep 2005

Re: [CDBI] CDBI table Definitions
Peter Speltz 16:12 on 16 Sep 2005

Generated at 21:47 on 18 Sep 2005 by mariachi v0.52