Re: [CDBI] Problem using has_many relations under Mason

From: David Baird
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Problem using has_many relations under Mason
Date: 13:26 on 03 Nov 2005
On 11/3/05, Victor Danilchenko <danilche@xx.xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         I am using Class::DBI under Mason/mod_perl2, with MySQL and
> Apache::DBI. I am defining a has_many relationship, but it doesn't work
> under Mason, though the very same code works fine in a regular perl
> script running from a shell.
>
>         My definitions, in separate files:
>
> Ask::History->has_a( user =3D> 'Ask::User' );
>
> Ask::User->has_many(history =3D> 'Ask::History');
>
>         The has_a call defines the corresponding method correctly, but th=
> has_many doesn't -- under Mason. I also tried explicitly specifying the
> foreign key, but it didn't help. I get the following exception message
> when trying to call $user_obj->history under Mason:
>
> Can't locate object method "history" via package "Ask::User"
>
>         The very same code works correctly when I call it from a command-=
line
> Perl script.
>
>         Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Is the code setting up the relationships being called in the parent
process, before Apache forks?

d.

[CDBI] Problem using has_many relations under Mason
Victor Danilchenko 04:17 on 03 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Problem using has_many relations under Mason
David Baird 13:26 on 03 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Problem using has_many relations under Mason
Victor Danilchenko 14:02 on 03 Nov 2005

Re: [CDBI] Problem using has_many relations under Mason
Victor Danilchenko 16:16 on 03 Nov 2005

Generated at 20:55 on 09 Nov 2005 by mariachi v0.52