[CDBI] Modperl setup

From: Kate Yoak
Subject: [CDBI] Modperl setup
Date: 03:25 on 06 Dec 2005
I am experiencing the problem which seems to be related to value caching.
$foo->value, when changed, appears to go back to original on some page
loads, obtaining the new value on others.  I can verify that the value in
the database is new.  If I restart apache, the new value is obtained.

I have reread the wiki modperl cdbi setup documentation and it does not
mention the problem.

I am running Apache 1.3.27
Modperl/Mason/CDBI.  No caching.  No sessioning.

PerlCleanupHandler Class::DBI::clear_object_index appears to resolve the
problem completely.  I think that's probably good enough for me... But I am
curious to know if anyone else has encountered this behavior, how
multi-process environment is intended to work, what is the recommended setup
with respect to object cache for modperl?

Cheers,
Kate

[CDBI] Modperl setup
Kate Yoak 03:25 on 06 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] Modperl setup
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= 04:07 on 06 Dec 2005

RE: [CDBI] Modperl setup
Kate Yoak 21:41 on 06 Dec 2005

Re: [CDBI] Modperl setup
Matt S Trout 01:54 on 07 Dec 2005